I refuse to let Monday be so Monday-y to me today.
Case in point: First thing this morning I go to make coffee and realize that we’re out of filters. I couldn’t wrap my head around a morning without coffee so I found a single serve packet from a basket of hotel items that my husband collects from his trips, cut it open and got rid of the “coffee” inside, and used it as a filter for my coffee. And, it was the best tasting coffee in a while.
Tasted like success.
While sipping away I vowed to take the same approach to whatever shit came my way today.
I hope everyone else is attacking their day with the same level of deliberation today.
Ours has been full of what I hope are traditions in the making—Sleeping in, Macy’s thanksgiving day parade, an amazing dinner spread (three pecan pies, y’all) and we got the Christmas tree up!
I found some bubble lights at the store and couldn’t resist. They’re so fun!
Now I’m relaxing with an adult bevvie and pretending I don’t know what Ziploc is, i.e. I’m not putting up the leftovers, ha!
lazydad asked: Once you get this, you must share 5 random facts about yourself, then pass this on to your 10 favorite followers (^.^)
Lemme pause to have a mini squee attack over being pinged by LazyDad
Ok, whew. This is going to be so fun!
1. In 2004, I won a Platinum Pass to the SXSW Festival in Austin, TX and it was the most amAYzing 3 weeks I’ve enjoyed in my sweet hometown, hands down. Most memorable SXSW moment: Meeting & chatting with Fred Schneider, lead singer of the B-52s, after their show at Stubbs with Scissor Sisters. We had to blow off watching Blues Traveler to catch the B-52s but it was DEFinitely worth it.
2. I don’t have a smartphone and haven’t had one since March of this year. Advantages: Much less expensive, boring phone doesn’t attract kids’ attention as much. Disadvantages: Can’t take decent candid snapshots of the kids, can’t share candids socially. People prolly think that I’m being “judicious” with the kid pic spam, hahaaaaa no. Now that I’m back at work, I’m switching back to a smartphone and both the hubs and I are looking at getting an iPhone 5 so we can FaceTime & stuff, eeee I can’t wait!
3. I truly value good penmanship to the point where I have one refillable pen that I use 100% of the time at work. If I don’t have a pen that “works” with my penmanship it bums me out way too much, haha.
4. I’m not a professional editor by any means, but I do have a knack for spotting typos everywhere. It’s a useful skill in my current job, where you really do need that zero error standard (or the appearance of, ha) in some cases. But yeah I am that asshole that will turn away a resumè if its got a bad typo in there.
5. I’ve got turkey brining away and pies are bought (not even gonna mess with making them this year) but otherwise we’re cooking the sides and I haven’t gone grocery shopping for the supplies yet. I’m already getting visions of me staring forlornly at crappy pickings but I’m determined not to be another frenzied person in there because I’m just too blessed to be stressed, y’awl!
Bonus #6 because its a celebration, betches!
Don’t twerk too hard in the kitchen y’awl.
…in case my tablet breaks from all zee drool.
The gif above is me waving buh bye to today and all its shittiness.
Today was a wreck. Literally.
Got rear ended while running a work errand (WORKERS COMP, YO!) and the fuckers drove off. It was minor enough to blow off if they had stopped, but since they drove off, I reported their asses to the poh-lice, WITH the license plate #. Eagle eyes and photographic memory finally come in handy.
I’m lucky it wasn’t worse, with all the crappy drivers in town. 26 wrecks in town yesterday, TWENTY SIX, not because of the crappy weather, but because of drivers’ inability to drive IN the crappy weather.
And today’s my Friday, technically, but I’m still working away because I had to cut the day short earlier than planned to pick up my feverish lil girl from school. She’s better, and in bed so I’m trying to shift gears back to work mode. It’s hard to do the work when you have the dumb and I’m deep in the dumb right now.
On a brighter note, I picked up our turkey and some pies and tomorrow starts fun turkey day prepping, including brining a turkey for the first time. Cooking puts me in a good mood, I should wait and write my super duper important email communication memorandum-dums tomorrow, when I’m in a better mood, I guess.